Cleaning and Whitening
The primary purpose of teeth cleaning is to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. This way, you reduce the chances of developing tooth decay and gum disease. Plaque forms on the surface of your teeth in the form of a sticky white film.
Teeth cleanings are essential for your oral health and well-being. It helps with the following:
- Prevents tooth decay caused by plaque and tartar build-up.
- Treats and prevents of gum disease.
- Eliminates chronic bad breath (halitosis).
- Detects serious dental issues such as tooth decay, infections, gum disease, and oral cancer.
On the other hand, teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that removes discoloration and stains on the teeth. The purpose of teeth cleaning lies in improving the health of your mouth, while the purpose of teeth whitening lies in improving the appearance of your teeth.
Drinking coffee, smoking, and taking certain medications can cause stains to develop over time. The presence of stains does not indicate a health issue unless they are caused by plaque and tartar accumulation.
You may want to consider a whitening appointment at our clinic if:
- Stains and discoloration on your teeth make you self-conscious about smiling.
- You do not see any results from teeth whitening products.
- You want to look and feel your finest for a special occasion or holiday.
We offer home and in-clinic whitening services to get the smile you’ve always wanted!