Liposuction is a procedure that can help sculpt the body by removing unwanted fat from specific areas, including the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, cheeks and neck. Liposuction can remove areas of fat that don’t respond to traditional weight-loss methods.
Facts About Liposuction:
- Techniques vary with the treatment areas and amount of fat to be removed
- Dr. Kayle checks your BMI before he suggests the treatment
- Your general health is an important consideration for the treatment
Liposuction Procedure by Dr. Dany Kayle:
- Step 1: Anesthesia – It can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the case and the amount of fat to be removed.
- Step 2: Create incision – Tiny incision(s) (about 1 mm) is created on the area to be treated. Through those incisions, a fluid injection is done, a mixture of intravenous salt solution, lidocaine (a local anesthesic) and epinephrine (a drug that contracts blood vessels), helps the fat be removed more easily, reduces blood loss and provides anesthesia during and after surgery.
- Step 3: Fat Removal – After creating the incision, a cannula (thin vacuum tube) is used to create a suction and remove the fat.
- Step 4: Leaving Incision Open – To avoid swelling and bruising, the small incision is preferably left open.
After Liposuction Surgery
To control swelling and to help your skin better fit its new contours, you may be fitted with a snug elastic garment to wear over the treated area for four to six weeks. You will begin to feel better about a week or two and you should be back at work within a few days following your surgery.
At about 2 months, you will start enjoying the new shape, but after about six months, the final contour will be achieved. You may find that you are more comfortable in a wide variety of clothes and more at ease with your body.
To book a liposuction consultation with Dr. Kayle, call us at (+971) 04 3306611 or message us on Whatsapp directly from this page.